So I am unbelievably excited for Christmas this year and cannot wait for the big day! However, it seems that not everyone feels the same way and with just 3 sleeps to go until Christmas Day itself I thought I'd compile a list of things that will make you feel all Christmassy (it's that a real word).
So here's some ideas of things that you could organise, places you visit and things you could make in order to inject some festivity into your life.
1) When to comes to feeling festive nothing gets you in the mood better than visiting a Christmas market. Whether this be a small, local market or a bigger one in Manchester for example. The whole atmosphere gets you excited for Christmas and even gives you the chance to buy a few last minute presents if needs be. So grab some friends, book a train and go visit a Christmas market not forgetting to stop for mulled wine/cocktails along the way!
2) Another idea would be to invest in a Christmas jumper/Christmas outfit that you can wear on the day, to work or even on Christmas Eve. There's such a wide selection of Christmas jumpers arm that you're sure to find one you like whether it be cute, funny or maybe you want to go all out and buy one that sings (just to annoy everyone else)!
Not only can you buy one for yourself but what about dressing your pet! I love to do this with my iccle doggy and she loves it too, it doesn't bother her in the slightest. We bought one last year when she was only two months old and we have bought one again this year, it's gonna be a tradition for me to buy her one each year hehe. It's surprising how easy they are to find as well if you're looking to get one I think Pets at Home or TKMaxx are your best bet.
3) If you're not wanting to venture out into the cold then you can stay at home and begin wrapping the presents. Some people look at this as a chore but if you put on some Christmas music and grab a glass of wine it can turn into something rather fun. And once you've finished your tree will be looking fab with all the presents placed underneath.
4) Hard day at work? Too much Christmas shopping? Or perhaps you're just fancying a lazy day/night. Your best bet is to pop on some festive pyjamas, grab your favourite festive drink, for me this would have to be a snowball you just can't beat. Then finally grab your top Christmas film, my top few suggestions are; The Holiday, Elf, Deck the Halls, Love Actually and Santa Clause the movie. Although there are many more if you want to make it into a film day and watch quite a few, I can't think of a better way to spend the day. However as I work in retail I won't be getting many days off and so the next idea is perfect for me.
5) If you've finished work for the day and perhaps your partners out for the night, then why not organise a girls night in ? It's cheaper than going out and much easier as you don't have to make much effort and after a day's work who wants to be making too much effort? Not me! So grab a few bottles of mulled wine and heat it up with some chopped fruit ready for when they arrive creating a fab Christmas aroma. Light some candles and turn the Christmas lights with some nibbles and you've got the perfect girls night with a touch of festivity.
6) Finally why not try some festive baking. This is especially great if you have young children or are babysitting for the day as kids love to make a mess and cook some treats. If you're looking for some ideas you cannot go wrong on Pinterest there's a range of ideas from quick and easy snacks to more complex cakes. So you can choose whatever suits your ability, I'm a terrible cook and I've seen many recipes that even I could do.
I hope that this post has given you some ideas to get yourself feeling all festive and I hope you enjoy your Christmas however you may spend the day.